BlogSearch

Monday, October 30, 2006

Adieu...

10 days have passed since I came... I'm going back tomorrow.

Writing that one line took me about 15mins... 15 whole minutes just because I had to accept it before I even wrote it down... It seems so hard to accept the simplest of things in life I sometimes feel...

But these ten days have been amazing… so much amazing that I don’t remember how it even got over…I owe it to this beautiful city...and I owe it to the buggers who I call “FRIENDS” who makes up for the beauty in the city…

Back to Majra, Jabal al Noor, Paan Gally (both Karama and Bur Dubai),the creek (at least parts of it), Abra (maybe not with the people I end up normally there), Saad’s place (but this time with his folks around), Rashid’s place, City Center (a special mention of Cinestar)…

But I don’t know, these days feel like a single moment… everything seems to have happened in a blink of an eye…they feel so much like this that sometimes I pray to god that I am not dreaming…

I thought while coming here that I am going to go back really cool because I have done this once…but I realized that it is not easy…

How I realized before is the day Saad left…I did not go to the airport this time… but we went for lunch at his place…and I decided to leave earlier than planned (about ½ an hour earlier) and while saying bye to him I felt how heavy his heart was…it was back to square one…back to April… memories that were like deep wounds bled again

Walking back… me and Rashid did not look at each other… both hastily wiping a tear away thinking that both of us can’t see each other...

Every stage of my life has a song attached to it…these days I spent here has one song Bas Ek Pal from the movie Bas Ek Pal…the line Tu Ek baar jo Pyaar se Mujhko choo le tho har zakhm bar jayega seems so fitting… I came to this city and then all my pain all my hurt that have been inside me for a long time were all gone within a second…now I feel that Dubai has a spirit (ok.. I think I must be sleepy/drunk)

What makes this city different from any place? Two things…one is the friends around here…another is the feeling of Apnapan

I came, I saw, I conquered said Alexander the Great (if not him then Jay-Z) once…and I wish I could be like him… for me it would be like I came, I saw, I got Conquered

Thank you friends for making this an amazing stay…thank you for staying beyond curfew for watching a movie…thank you for lying at home about your college timings (now you got to hatch eggs in college for 2 hrs almost everyday this whole sem!)…thank you for staying on the phone with me even though you had loads of work to do the next morning…thank you for driving around and getting lost (and yeah the petrol!)…thank you for crossing Garhoud Bridge wearing high heels…

I am going to miss u a lot…I am going to miss you all a lot…feeling too overwhelmed…

Wrote some crap…said thank yous like I won an Oscar…claimed that Dubai has a spirit…

I end this blog with a message sent to me by Saad before he left…

Keep the smile ,leave the tear
Think of Joy, forget the fear
Hold the laugh, leave the pain
Be joyous till we meet again.


JB signing off…
MeE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:'(
I wish i could get all those times back man.. all those times from march to august.. memories are killing me now.. :(